Pinos Nuevos Scholarship
CAALE’s Pinos Nuevos Scholarship awards one graduating high school senior with $10,000 towards any college related costs. Awards are based on the applicant’s academic performance, leadership qualities, and ability to meet the requirements below.
- Born in Cuba or are of Cuban descent (defined as having at least one Cuban parent or grandparent)
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Be formally accepted/enrolled in college within the U.S. on a part-time or full-time basis
- Applicant must commit to (at least) minoring in Spanish
- Applicant must commit to attending CAALE events, such as our Leadership Series
- Applicant must be considered financially in need (as determined by the applicant or applicant’s family’s financial status)
- Applicant must complete and submit their application with all other required materials by the specified date
- Basic Personal Information
- Education Expenses (Tuition Bills, etc.)
- Test Scores (SAT/ACT)
- Official Transcript
- Personal Essay
- Proof of Admission
We invite you to apply to our CAALE Pinos Nuevos Scholarship. Applications will be evaluated through the following three-phase selection process: Applications are pre-screened to confirm academic standing and financial need during phase one. In phase two, semi-finalists are selected based on the strength of their application. Lastly, the finalists are chosen via interviews and character evaluations.
The phase one deadline to apply is June 19, 2017 at 11:59pm.