Pinos Nuevos Scholarship
CAALE’s Pinos Nuevos Scholarship awards one graduating high school senior with $10,000 towards any college related costs. Awards are based on the applicant’s academic performance, leadership qualities, and ability to meet the requirements below.
- Born in Cuba or are of Cuban descent (defined as having at least one Cuban parent or grandparent)
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Be formally accepted/enrolled in college within the U.S. on a full-time basis
- Applicant must commit to minoring in Spanish (if born in the US)
- Applicant must commit to partaking our Leadership Development Program and attending CAALE events
- Applicant must complete and submit their application with all other required materials by the specified date
- Basic Personal Information
- Test Scores (SAT/ACT)
- Official Transcript
- Proof of Admission
- Personal Essay
- One Letter of Recommendation
- Video Statement
We invite you to apply to our CAALE Pinos Nuevos Scholarship. Applications will be evaluated through the following selection process, and in some cases, may require an interview: Applications are pre-screened to confirm academic standing and that the student is college bound. Next, semi-finalists are selected based on high school grades and written essays. Lastly, the finalists are chosen on the strength of their overall application, including their video.
The deadline to apply for the 2018 Pinos Nuevos Scholarship is May 10th , 2018 at 11:59pm.